Effective Date: January 2019
This privacy notice aims to explain what information we collect from and why. This notice applies to Auberge de la Gare and the website www.aubergedelagare.ca.
What data do we collect?
We collect only the minimum amount of personal data necessary to operate our hotel business.
- Information to identify you: This includes your complete name and the names of other guests staying at the hotel. Under rare occasions, proof of identification may be asked, and the id numbers will be collected with your acknowledgement.
- Information to identify your location such as your address.
- Information necessary in order to contact you such as your phone number(s), fax number, and email address.
- Payment information such as the method of payment (cash, debit card, billing, or credit card). When payment is done by credit card, the type of card, credit card number, the name on card, the expiration date, and the security code is collected;
- Information related to your stay at the hotel. This includes the date of arrival and departure (number of nights of your stay), number of people staying in the room, room preferences, as well as other requests you have made during your current stay and could help us improve your future stays.
- Any and all data collected in a survey by the hotel in which you willingly participated.
- Data collected by our web hosting services includes your user-agent information, the IP address used to access the website, the requested URLs, error logs, and the time of access.
Why do we collect this data?
We collect this data to make your stay comfortable to the best of our ability.
- Reservations and guests folio: We use your personal data to complete your guest folio and your reservation.
- Customer service: We use your personal data to provide customer service. Your personal information can be used to speed up future reservations and check-ins as well as improve your stay by catering to your preferences.
- General communications: We may contact you via e-mail, text message, or by phone for several reasons. This may be to complete, confirm, or cancel your reservation. We may also contact you for objects of value that were forgotten at the hotel. We will also contact you for outstanding invoices or with regards to any damages that you your party may have committed on the premises
- Fraud prevention: Your information will be used to prevent fraud and other illegal activities.
- Legal and compliance: Your information will be used to comply with regulations, and lawful requests.
- Statistical data: We may use your data for statistical purposes. This allows us to identify our customer base as well as tailor future changes to the hotel towards customer satisfaction.
- Marketing: We will use your data, with your permission, to contact you about eligible promotions and newsletters. These are optional and you can unsubscribe at your will.
Auberge de la Gare uses reasonable technical and physical protection to prevent unauthorizes access to your personal data.
Your information will be retained by us as long as we determine it to be necessary to improve our business, better serve our customers, prevent fraud or other illegal activities, and to comply with laws and law enforcement requests.
- You can inform us of any changes to your personal data, or you can ask us to correct any of the personal data we hold about you.
- You can ask us to delete certain information that we have of you. Only information deemed not critical to maintain a record of guests can be omitted. This is a hospitality business and a traceable record of our guests need to be maintained for security.
- You can ask us for a copy of the personal data we hold about you.
DO NOT TRACK
Our data collection and usage operations do not change with a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
“Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail using the details provided below:
205 boul. St-Joseph, Gatineau, QC, J8Y 3X3, Canada